Friday, November 27, 2009

Lots to be thankful for.....


We have SO much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving....most importantly that we are all healthy, and happy and all together on this holiday!!!   This year Thanksgiving included a HUGE surprise....when I rolled out of bed in the morning, and walked into the kitchen I found Tori at the counter finishing up the deviled eggs, and Brandon putting the turkey in the oven!!!  That is right......my 11 year old and 13 year old had taken over the kitchen.  Brandon had already prepped our favorite appetizer "heart attacks on a stick"  (bacon wrapped cocktail wieners covered in a thick layer of brown sugar) and he was getting ready to put together the 7 layer dip!!  So, what did they need me to do I asked.  NOTHING!!!  I was told to take the day off, relax, enjoy a book and a bubble bath and they would handle EVERYTHING!!  They weren't kidding...we'd planned the menu earlier in the week and I'd done the shopping, so they literally cooked everything.  After dinner, Tori got to work on desserts....she made brownies, white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies and candied cherry fudge!!!  It was ALL delicious and truly the best Thanksgiving to date! 

No comments: