Saturday, May 22, 2010

First time at the Roller Derby

On Friday night my friend Julie and I headed to the Portland Events Center to watch the Roller Derby.  It was a whole new experience, and really a lot of fun.  As usual, there was plenty of people watching.... Big buff man, with bleached dreadlocks, in a Kilt (need I say more).  We had a great time!!!

The Flag/Drum Ceremony



Good

versus EVIL


Let the Roller Derby Begin....

Who knew there were SO many referees for Roller Derby.  I thought it looked like a lot of fun in the beginning and then once I saw the size of some of the gals decided I would definitely remain a spectator.  Those girls can ram and annihilate each other on that course like nobody's business.


The second half was Portland vs. Seattle.  So much fun to watch...not to mention we finally figured out how the rules and scoring works by then.....

One of the roller derby gal's handing out candy...her Derby name "Sugar and Vice".  My friend Julie asked her if I could take her picture because of her shirt....."My other ride's your mom".  I do believe she was on team EVIL.


We met "Napolean", who sold raffle tickets to my friend Julie.  Offered to sit with us should we need help figuring out the derby.

No comments: