Monday, February 8, 2010

Fun Food Day!!!

On Friday, I hosted a FOOD TV recipe group!!!  Two of my neighbors, and my cousin Milo's wife Bethany came over for the afternoon.  I chose Food TV chef Sandra Lee, and we each made one of her recipes!!!!  For the main course, I made her BBQ Chicken Pizza, which everyone loved.  If I were to make one change, it would be to find an alternate pizza dough (the Pillsbury dough wasn't very cooperative but did provided entertainment for Bethany and I while I tried to roll it out).  My neighbor Secelia made Cheddar Cheese Baked Potato Soup, that was thick and delicious!!!  Bethany made Chili Corn Muffins with Chipotle Butter that were so good that I know 3 of us made them again on Sunday for the Super Bowl!!!  My neighbor Jacque made individual lemon pies that were great as well -- unfortunately I can't find the recipe online to share with everyone!!!

While the 4 of us enjoyed an afternoon of great food and conversation, my Aunt Linda came by prior to the gathering and picked up Sarah, and took Milo and Bethany's kids, Olivia and Andrew as well.  She took the kids out to McDonalds for lunch and to play on the indoor playground, then to her house to make Valentine Sugar cookies.  Below is a photo she took of their time at her home!!  Sarah came home very spoiled and very happy to have spent such fun times with her cousins!


Well, for some reason it is coming out blurry...but you can see Sarah in Green, Andrew in the center and Olivia on the right as they are frosting their heart shaped cookies!

No comments: