Friday, February 15, 2008

St. Joseph to sell our house!

February 15, 2008
Well, this post is for all of our friends' and families' entertainment! We've had our house on the market for 2 weeks and had only one showing (from a nosy neighbor). A friend of mine told me that I should go and buy a St. Joseph's statue and bury it in my yard. When I told her I'd never heard of such a thing, she said she hadn't either until one of the ladies in our neighborhood had her house up for sale for several months. The lady bought the statue, buried in her back yard, and her house sold quickly after that.

Well, we can use all the help we can get in this buyer's market, so I went down to the local pharmacy and asked the sales ladies where they kept their St. Joseph's statues. It took them 15 minutes, and they finally found them. All of the gals said they have been selling like crazy. I paid my $6.99, and will bury it this weekend.

You can go to snopes and read the legend about St. Josephs http://www.snopes.com/luck/stjoseph.asp



UPDATE MARCH 18, 2008

To date, we have had to showings. One was a nosy neighbor, the other couple said the "house was too big". A friend called from Seattle and asked how I had buried St. Joseph. I told her I buried him UPSIDE DOWN in my front flower bed. (The instructions said, some believe that if you bury him upside down he will try hard to get your house sold to get out of the flower bed -- once the house is sold you are supposed to dig him up and put him in your home).

She said that was wrong and to bury him facing up......he is now buried facing upright.

UPDATE APRIL 1ST, 2008

Still no showings on our home. I have checked around and the market is so slow nobody is having any showings. Our agent is having a broker's open house this morning and providing lunch so hopefully we will have a good turn out!

*****20+ real estate agents showed up today for the open house. All with rave reviews! Suggestion was made to move our entryway side table into the dining room to open up the foyer more, so we did that.


April 17th -- Still no showings!


June 2nd -- 2 showings since my last post in April. First family said the "house was too big" in April. Second showing was in May and the family said they wanted a very specific house plan and because our home has a great room it won't work for them. We have now dropped our price $10,000.

No comments: